Fittingly, I want to show you my favorite brownie recipe first! I absolutely love this one. Its decadent, but not overly sweet/rich- a balance of tart and sweet with fresh cranberries and dark chocolate. I would have never thought that ‘from scratch’ brownies could be so easy, or so good! Check out the photos, the recipe is below!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup baker’s cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts/almonds (opt)
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and stir until well blended.
- Stir chocolate/butter mixture into dry ingredients. Add cranberries and nuts and mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13″ pan. Bake at 350* for 30-35min. Cool completely. Cut with plastic knife.
If you try it out, I’d love to know what you think!